Benjamin Goh ICT reflection blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

1st lesson reflections

Dear lecturer/classmates/whomever that is reading this blog for reflection,

This is my first post regarding the ICT class that we just sat through in the previous week. It really looks like the school system has changed so much in the few years since I have left. From black to white (boards), from desk to laptops, the changes are quite innovative and this has enhanced the learning experience for the students of today. I am sure that there will be greater innovations such as the smartboard (which is to me a wonderful learning tool) that will be implemented by schools in the future.

As an future educator, I thus find it essential to keep myself completely up to date with the latest technological advances so I can seek to incorporate this into my classes. Applications such as twitter can be a wonderful learning tool where the students post short notes regarding their feelings regarding the class and help create meaningful dialogue amongst the students and the teacher.

But all this technology can also be a hindrance too as students may become too focused on what is on the screen and ignore the importance of human interaction. This digital age has brought about certain problems such as gaming and internet addiction where children forsake their daily activities in lieu of using their computer. We thus should adopt technology with careful steps as it can become a roadblock in the path of learning.

I thus hope that this ICT class will be a good stepping stone that will aid me in becoming a better teacher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home